wagesmart will email a payslip for each employee at month end, ensuring legal compliance.
An employer must pay a farm worker:
- On every pay day, the employer must give the farm worker a statement showing –
- in South African currency
- daily, weekly, fortnightly or monthly; and
- in cash, by cheque or by direct deposit into an account designated by the farm worker.
- Any payment in cash or by cheque must be given to each farm worker-
- at the workplace;
- during the farm worker’s working hours; and
- in a sealed envelope which becomes the property of the farm worker.
- An employer must pay a farm worker on the normal payday agreed to in writing by the farm worker.